Due to the intensity of the COVID-19 virus and the recognized importance of eliminating in-person contact as much as possible, telemedicine is a convenient and effective way to see Dr. Maddala. Please follow the below steps to schedule a TeleVisit appointment.
STEP 1: Call 469-697-5100 to schedule a TeleVisit appointment Or request an appointment online (select TeleVisit)
STEP 2: Ensure you have an active DHAT Patient Portal account with username and password.
STEP 3: Download the “Healow” app on your smart device (iOS or GooglePlay) Or using your desktop computer/laptop, go to the DHAT Patient Portal
Enter the unique physician code for Dr Maddala’s Office “CDFFAA”, enter DHAT Patient Portal credentials (user account and password) and start your appointment.
STEP 4: Our office will send you a text or an email with a link prior to your appointment. Just click on this link at least 10-15 mins prior to your appointment as you would need to fill out the patient questionnaire and provide requested personal information.
Step 5: Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit and Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room, if you are using your computer/laptop.
Preparing for your TeleVisit:
1. Secure a private location so you and Dr. Maddala can speak freely about your health
2. You can use your mobile device (Healow App) or computer/laptop for your TeleVisit. You should have an active account on DHAT Patient Portal (user name and password)
3. Test your microphone and camera while you are in the Virtual Waiting Room
- You need to have a camera ready device. A cell phone with a camera or a desktop/laptop computer with a camera attached or embedded in the screen.
- Ensure that your camera ready device has enabled permissions for webcam, sound/microphone
4. “Arrive early” (at least 5-10 minutes) by logging in to your DHAT Patient Portal. If for any reason you cannot access the Portal, you can always initiate your appointment by clicking the link included in your appointment reminder email
5. Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard on your mobile device, DHAT Patient Portal or email reminder
6. Fill out patient questionnaire and provide requested personal information
7. Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer/laptop does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one. If you are utilizing a smartphone, it likely has a camera built in.
8. Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room
9. Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit and disconnect when the visit ends
NEVER use the patient portal for emergency purposes. If you have an emergency, please call 911 or your doctor’s office
Frequently Asked Questions: